Data Entry Specialist
Data Entry Specialist
Director of Operations / Workforce Development Program Coordinator
September 18, 2019
Assumes responsibility for maintaining an accurate and up-to-date database for The Yunion’s program activities. Responsibilities include the development of monthly billing summaries, data entry and assisting in compiling, tracking and reporting of program statistics and performance data.
- Develops and monitors an internal reporting system for WIOA / DESC youth registration, certification, case note documentation, billing and monthly reporting;
- Enters youth activity data into internal reporting system; ensures accuracy of data entered;
- Compiles program statistics and performance data and prepares related reports for submission;
- Completes relevant participant employment data verified during the follow-up process and documents accordingly;
- Enters follow-up data into the case management database and submits reports as required;
- Communicates with agency administration and staff, schools / training providers, community service agencies, and DESC staff regarding the status of program participants;
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date program database; generates placement and supportive services related documents, and submits reports as required;
- Participates in the maintenance of an up-to-date automated reporting system to track attendance, grading, graduation/program completion and placement status of program participants;
- Reconciles and validates reports with related data files/sources; reports errors and corrections to management;
- Assists in the monitoring of the MIS data system to ensure all participant information is entered and accurate;
- Communicates with staff and partner agencies to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of participation activity;
- Provides on-going technical assistance to staff as needed; and
- Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
This job description provides a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at times with or without notice.
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication and Proficiency
This position allows the flexibility to work remotely as well as in The Yunion’s professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Expected Hours of Work
Standard working hours are Monday through Friday from, with a maximum of 25 hours per week. In-office hours may be required based on company needs and meetings relative to billing and / or data entry.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED), Associates Degree preferred.
- Four to five years of data entry/ accounting experience.
- Computer skills necessary to effectively maintain a database and generate reports. Technical training in computers and Word Office suite software programs preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with staff and partner agencies in non-technical terms.
- Analytical ability to identify and resolve reporting errors.
- Mental ability to handle pressures related to meeting deadlines and performing repetitive tasks requiring concentration and attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in workforce development programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
The Yunion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Yunion complies with applicable state and local laws.