Facilities Manager (Part-Time)
Facilities Manager (Part-Time)
Reports to: Executive Director/CEO
Reporting directly to the Executive Director/CEO, the Facilities Manager will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing all building operating systems. The successful candidate will oversee the company’s facility operations, manage vendors, manage office moves and manage janitorial duties, conduct light repair and carpentry work, all while remaining in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees building and grounds maintenance.
- Operates and maintains custodial functions.
- Ensures security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly.
- Ensures that the facility is clean and maintained according to company policy and procedures.
- Ensures building is opened, closed, and secured for work operations.
- Oversees and supervises the quality of work for other employees/contractors to ensure that all tasks are performed correctly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Manages and reviews service contracts.
- Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections to ensure compliance.
- Checks completed work by vendors and contractors.
- Performs light carpentry and repair work
- Recommends maintenance, mechanical, electrical, and facility design modifications.
- Communicates workplace safety precautions to employees.
- Plan and coordinate all installations
- Manage upkeep of all fixed equipment and building supplies
- Forecasts, allocates, and supervises the financial and physical resources of the facility management.
- Closing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Customer service orientation
- Communication skills
- Technical engineering skills
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- IT skills
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 -10 years in related positions
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Carpentry and repair skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Project management skills
- Able to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems
Preferred Education and Experience
- BA in facility management, business, information management, or engineering preferred
This position works within the building space, internally and externally. This role routinely requires light to heavy lifting, stair usage, climbing, use of standard office equipment such as phones, filing cabinets, copiers, etc.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time role. Standard operational hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The position’s schedule may vary based on company needs, and some late evenings and weekend hours are required. On-call hours may be required in emergency situations.
The Yunion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Yunion complies with applicable state and local laws.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letters to:
Kimberly Benjamin, HR Director
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com