Travel – Metropolitan Detroit up to 25%
Nonprofit – Youth Services
Relocation – No
Who We Are?
The Yunion (pronounced union) is a 501c3 non-profit organization that serves youth and families in Metro Detroit.
Our mission is to counter negative cultural influences that misdirect the lives of youth by raising awareness and strengthening families through innovative prevention programming, education, parental engagement, mentoring and counseling. We’re expanding and looking for talented individuals who are committed to the betterment of our youth.
Responsible for planning, leading and facilitating abstinence curriculum programs with participants at schools and community based sites. Also responsible for the general development, growth, and skill achievement for the participants in their respective programs. This position will ensure timely and accurate documentation of successful matriculation and tracking of enrolled participants. Will also continually evaluate training progress and training procedures to monitor and analyze program effectiveness and update curriculum/programs as necessary.
- Promotes and participates in activities that enhance Abstinence-based curriculum such as advocacy and anti-stigma, training and education.
- Plan, implement and leads programs to encourage leadership development activities.
- Assists with identifying and creating year-round leadership development activities.
- Outreach engagement, connection to community and school support, group facilitation and advocacy.
- Interfaces with parents/guardians, school staff, and staff as it relates to the program.
- Promotes and participates in activities to recruitment of youth for the program and improve retention.
- Complete necessary program & curriculum training.
- Creation and maintenance of accurate program records including training, effectiveness of programs, attendance and other relevant documentation pertaining to participants.
- Maintain continual education support materials.
Required Education and Experience
- Three years of experience with youth, camp or recreational programs.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Strong computer literacy in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience leading, planning, organizing and implementation program activities.
The Yunion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Yunion complies with applicable state and local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com