Contingent Part-Time Hourly (15-20 hrs per week)
The Yunion is a faith-centered 501c3 non‐profit organization that serves youth and families in Metro Detroit. Our mission is to counter negative cultural influences that misdirect the lives of youth by raising awareness and strengthening families through innovative prevention programming, education, parental engagement, mentoring and counseling. We strive to offer holistic services with a wraparound approach to meet the needs of our community.
Why Join The Yunion?
The Yunion is composed of a dynamic team of compassionate professionals that are committed to improving the lives of the youth and families that we serve. We have a common belief that at the end of the matter, love is the answer. If you want a purposeful and impactful career, working in a warm and family-like environment, join our team!
Program Assistant responsibilities include assisting Program Coordinator with programmatic operations. This position requires a person with energy and creativity, a person dedicated to helping youth develop the skills they need to lead a successful life. The Program Assistant is instrumental in assisting the organization in a smooth, seamless, organized programmatic structure.
- Assist with hiring and on-boarding (may include interviewing)
- Assist Program Director with training, supervision and leadership of field staff
- Assist with Data Entry in various data management systems
- Assist with program documentation collection and filing
- Assist with Program evaluation requirements, ensuring all sites are evaluation compliant
- Build and maintain positive relationships with youth and parents
- Assist with implementing parent communication strategies
- Assist with planning Full- Staff Orientation/Training
- Work with Program Director to coordinate summer program in community settings
- Create Flow of duties packet for staff
- Create map/schedule of all program spaces
- Secure a contingency plan for program participant activities if needed
- Schedule and coordinate Parent/Student Showcase (If needed)
- Arrange for purchase of program incentives
- Assist Program Director with any Life-Guide tech needs
- Assist with preparation for Life-Guide Post-training
- Assist with weekly Life-Guide staff meetings
- Arrange for production flyer design & printing
- Facilitate community and school presentations to market and promote programming
- Attend external meetings, workshops, trainings as assigned Program Coordinator
- Assist with development of media production for usage on promotional tools, social media, and direct programming
- Order and pick up supplies- (office, program, special events)
- Assist with marketing and promotions and other duties as delegated by Director of Operations and/or Program Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service field preferred
- Must have strong organizational skills, and ability to work with others
- Ability to do simple word processing, and data entry, and use simple spreadsheets
- Must be able to plan, program and implement projects
- Must be experienced in general office functions and with office equipment
- Strong communication skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- Non-profit and youth-serving experience is a bonus
Position will include both in person and remote tasks. When in office setting, working conditions are normal for an office environment. Some heavy lifting may be required in the transfer of equipment and supplies. Work may require weekend and evening hours and travel as well. The organization has put in place COVID Safety Protocols according the MDHHS and CDC recommendations.
The Yunion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Yunion complies with applicable state and local laws.
How to Apply
Complete the application form below.