Program Director/Director of Operations
October 24, 2021
The Yunion is a faith-centered 501c3 non‐profit organization that serves youth and families in Metro Detroit. Our mission is to counter negative cultural influences that misdirect the lives of youth by raising awareness and strengthening families through innovative prevention programming, education, parental engagement, mentoring and counseling. We strive to offer holistic services with a wrap around approach to meet the needs of our community.
Why Join The Yunion?
The Yunion is composed of a dynamic team of compassionate professionals that are committed to improving the lives of the youth and families that we serve. We have a common belief that at the end of the matter, love is the answer. If you want a purposeful and impactful career, working in a warm and family-like environment, join our team!
Serves as primary advocate for the programs they support. Responsible for hiring, training, coordination and supervisor of the field staff; solicitation and scheduling of programs; development and implementation of staff training; on-going project management, and review, coordination and expansion of all program procedures. Ensures maximum access to and use of the resources available while actively engaged in promoting the vision and development of The Yunion.
- Schedules fee-based and grant-funded projects necessary to support their respective programs.
- Establish and maintain contracts with applicable local, state, federal and non-governmental personnel to increase the number and diversity of program sponsors.
- Recruitment, hiring, training, development, supervision, and performance of field staff.
- Assist with the completion of quarterly and annual reports, program production summaries, accident reports, etc.
- Manages program field staff and up to 500 participants while providing training and technical support to ensure timely, safe, professional and productive completion of projects.
- Manage activities of organization’s programming within the in-school, after-school, summer-time, and on-site settings.
- Assist with data entry and compliance related issues for local, state, and federal partners.
- Supports repair and maintenance of tools and equipment such as projects, screens, boards, etc.
- Contributes to other projects such as review of program protocols, media development, revisions of training material, development of educational curriculum, database management, and coordination of special technical training.
- Program, workshop, and training facilitation, public speaking, in-services, staff, parent and community orientation.
This job description provides a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at times with or without notice.
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication and Proficiency
This position will supervise Life Guides and applicable clerical/administrative staff.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position works in an office environment; however lifting up to 50 pounds may be required in addition to frequent standing, walking, and bending.
Expected Hours of Work
Standard working hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch hour (full time status). Schedule may vary based on company needs and some late evenings and weekend hours are required.
Frequent travel is required as well as some overnight stays.
Required Education and Experience
- Three to five years’ experience managing multiple programs and services with a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of human services and/or administration.
- Strong computer literacy in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communication.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree
We offer competitive benefits, medical, dental, vision and 401k.
The Yunion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Yunion complies with applicable state and local laws.
How to Apply
Complete the application form below.