Position Snap Shot
Non-Profit- Youth Services
Who We Are?
The Yunion (pronounced union) is a 501c3 non-profit organization that serves youth and families in Metro Detroit.
Our mission is to counter negative cultural influences that misdirect the lives of youth by raising awareness and strengthening families through innovative prevention programming, education, parental engagement, mentoring and counseling. We’re expanding and looking for talented individuals who are committed to the betterment of our youth.
Work Force Development Case Manager
To provide case management services to youth and their families in the least restrictive environment. Case management services include assessment, advocacy, and coordination of services, as well as crisis intervention. Serves as a member of the Treatment Team by providing and accepting input to and from others pertaining to case management. Works within the established legal and ethical guidelines. Works closely with personnel in other community based human services organizations. This position reports to the Program Coordinator.
- Assist with the on-going assessment of youth and families regarding their overall progress and needs.
- Coordinate and implement the assessment of participants to engage them in workforce skills training and programming.
- Complete required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work closely with families, other agencies and Treatment Team members to ensure adherence to treatment plans and set programmatic goals.
- Work closely with community based advocacy groups and Managed Care staff to promote and/or advise the necessity for services.
- Work closely with Managed Care, the Treatment Team, and families to determine appropriate service referrals.
- Assist families and youths in gaining access to appropriate services. This may include: accompanying families and youth to appropriate professionals in various agencies, and assisting with the gathering and/or dissemination of information in accordance with applicable laws and ethics.
- Maintain accurate, measurable, results-based progress notes and treatment plans.
- Complete and turn in case notes in a timely manner in compliance with all mandated contractual measures.
Required Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree from an approved accredited University or College with a training focus on social work, psychology, education, guidance, human services or a similar discipline and/or
- Equivalent of experience working with high risk youth and families, and demonstrated high quality job performance in the past. A minimum of (3) three years of experience is required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be familiar with community resources for youth and families.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to use own vehicle for local travel.
The Yunion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Yunion complies with applicable state and local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org