Travel – Frequent Local Travel/Some Overnight Travel
Nonprofit – Youth Services
Relocation – No
Who We Are?
The Yunion (pronounced union) is a 501c3 non-profit organization that serves youth and families in Metro Detroit. Our mission is to counter negative cultural influences that misdirect the lives of youth by raising awareness and strengthening families through innovative prevention programming, education, parental engagement, mentoring and counseling. We’re expanding and looking for talented individuals who are committed to the betterment of our youth.
Work Force Development Program Coordinator
Serves as primary advocate for the programs they support. Responsible for hiring, training, coordination and supervision of field staff; solicitation and scheduling of programs; recruitment and retention of program participants; development and implementation of staff training; on-going project management, and review, coordination and expansion of all program procedures. Ensures maximum access to and use of the resources available while actively engaged in promoting the vision and development of The Yunion.
- Schedules fee-based and grant-funded projects necessary to support their respective programs.
- Ensure compliance of all program elements in targeted service areas.
- Establish and maintain contracts with applicable local, state, federal and non-governmental personnel to increase the number and diversity of program sponsors.
- Maintain current partnerships and develop new service and community partnerships.
- Recruitment, hiring, training, development, supervision, and performance of case management and support staff.
- Assist with the completion of quarterly and annual reports, program production summaries, accident reports, etc.
- Oversee case management documentation process to ensure timely and accurate monthly billing.
- Manages program staff and up to 125 participants while providing training and technical support to ensure timely, safe, professional and productive completion of projects.
- Supports repair and maintenance of tools and equipment such as projects, screens, boards, etc.
- Obtains and maintains programmatic supplies (handouts, literature, classroom tools, snacks, etc.)
- Contributes to other projects such as review of program protocols, media development, revisions of training material, development of educational curriculum, database management, and coordination of special technical training.
- Program, workshop, and training facilitation, public speaking, in-services, staff, parent and community orientation.
Required Education and Experience
- Three to five years’ experience managing multiple programs and services with a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of human services and/or administration.
- Strong computer literacy in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communication.
The Yunion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Yunion complies with applicable state and local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com