Saving Chastity Overview:
The Saving Chastity scripted curriculum is a 12 week course designed to teach youth how to excel in life while avoiding risk factors that challenge them to engage in unhealthy behaviors that will have a negative impact on their future. The curriculum, aligned to a video series of five teenagers, will reflect situations most teens and/or their friends’ experience. These guided evidenced-based activities and conversations, will help facilitate best practices about and emphasize “how to plan” to make successful decisions.
1. The main goal is to inform students on the positive effects of a healthy lifestyle by developing skills and strategies to implement to avoid sexual risks and how to recognize negative behaviors that led to life-altering outcomes.
2. The Saving Chasity Program is an evidenced-based curriculum formulated to teach skills to students that will promote making healthy choices with four of the ten health topic modules outlined in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Health Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (HECAT).
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD)
- Sexual Health (SH)
- Safety (S)
- Violence Prevention (V)
3. After successful completion of the course, students will be able to identify the following:
- At-risk factors that lead teenagers into pre-marital sexual encounters
- Myths about sex
- Understand what STD’s are and how they are spread
- The difference in making healthy decisions vs. unhealthy decisions
- Positive conflict resolution skills
- Recognition of date-rape drugs
- Effective goal setting