The 3 Stages of Adolescent Development
Parent, did you know there are 3️⃣ stages of Adolescence?
The 3️⃣ stages of adolescence are an important framework for understanding teenage development. Each stage is guided by physical, cognitive and emotional changes.
The 3️⃣ stages include early adolescence (ages 11 to14), middle adolescence (ages 15 to 17) and late adolescence (ages 18 to 21). Understanding these stages of development helps to support young people and to provide appropriate guidance, structure and opportunities for growth.
💎 Ages 10 to 14: Early Adolescence
* Puberty for many begin at this stage of adolescence.
* Body changes during early adolescence may include developing hair under the arms and in the pubic area, testicular enlargement in males, and breast development in females.
* Pre-teens and teens begin to assert more independence as they move through the stages of adolescence. This means they may rebel, especially when parents reinforce rules and set limits.
💎 Ages 15 to 17: Middle Adolescence
* Physical changes in females may have slowed down or finished, but by this age most will start having regular menstrual periods.
* Most males will have started their pubescent growth spurt
* Male’s voices begin to lower and there may be a period where the voice cracks.
* Acne develops in both males and females.
* Teens of this age start feeling interested in romantic and sexual relationships.
💎 Ages 18 to 21: Late Adolescence
* Young people in this age range usually have better impulse control and decision-making skills than in middle adolescence.
* Independence increases as many young adults separate from their parents to live outside their childhood homes.
* Established relationships with parents, siblings, and other family members may change in nature now that adulthood has nearly been reached.
Can you think of any other changes that take place during adolescence? Leave a comment below. 👇
Happy Birthday Darell Campbell – Keys 2 Life Performing Arts Summer Camp Director
Today we want to take the time to wish our Keys 2 Life Performing Arts Summer Camp Director Darell Campbell @red_e_red Happy Birthday!🎊🎉🎈🎁 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Red is a platinum, Stellar-Award winning producer, musician, and teacher with a heart for empowering people to find hidden talent and…Read More
Talk To Em’ Tuesday – Talking Prompt
Parents 👋, Today is “Talk To Em’ Tuesday”Today’s talking prompt is asking your teen from their view point how you can improve as a parent. Ask them what you can improve on. Make sure to listen with your ear, your heart, discuss and make sure…Read More
Friday Fantastic – Performing Arts
Not a #fridayfunny but a Friday Fantastic! If you a parent of an 11-13 year old in the Metro Detroit area interested in the performing arts (acting, dancing, beat-making)? We have the perfect summer camp for you! Registration is now open! 🙌 This amazing…Read More
Are you a parent of an 11-13 year old in the Metro Detroit area interested in the performing arts (acting, dancing, beat-making)? If so, pay attention! Summer is just around the corner and Mr. Ron, your favorite program director, has something special for you. https://www.facebook.com/reel/971904303811198Read More
Forum National Conference – Stronger Systems And Stronger Youth
🎉👋 Our amazing Executive Director, Nicole Wilson, rocked the stage as a panelist at the Forum National Conference! 🌟💪 The theme was “Stronger Systems, Stronger Youth.” She shared insights on leadership and self-care, acknowledging the weight we carry as leaders. 🤔💼 We commend those stepping…Read More
The Three C’s Of Communication
Parents 👋, we know our children hear what they want to hear at times but is it possible we aren’t clear with our communication? 👀 Let’s talk about the three C’s of communication. So what are the three C’s of communication? 🤔 📝 CONTENT: What…Read More
Words From Our CEO Jason Wilson
Words from our CEO Jason Wilson “It’s truly fulfilling when I help young men navigate through their emotions and it leads to an epiphany that changes the trajectory of their futures!” Once again thank you @superintendent.hasan and @eo.schooldistrict_ for investing in your young men’s social…Read More
Friday Parent Check-In
Safe space for parents to express how they feel and learn more about the Yunion.Read More
Freep Film Festival – The Cave Of Adullam
Parents and community members, if you want to be inspired and are looking for something to do this weekend look no further… Join us at the Detroit Free Press FREEP Festival on Saturday, April 29th at 4:00p.m. for the screening of the award-winning Tribeca Film…Read More
The Cave of Adullam Transformational Training Academy
Our young men from The Cave of Adullam Transformational Training Academy had an awesome time in St. Louis! Thank you again to @AndyFrisella, @MrFrisella and the entire @1stphorm family for making this trip happen! Our boys were excited to train in your awe-inspiring headquarters, learn…Read More
The Yunion 20 Years Strong – Serving Youth And Families
Attention all community members! 🗣️ Save the date for an incredible milestone! The Yunion is excited to announce that we are celebrating 20 years of serving youth and families. ✨🎉 Join us as we reflect on the past two decades of enriching lives and building…Read More
SEARCH THIS BLOG: