What is The Cave of Adullam?
The Cave of Adullam is a transformational training academy (CATTA) based in Detroit Michigan. Our vision is to be a comprehensive resource for healing boys, mending men, fortifying families, and cultivating community worldwide. Our mission is to teach, train and transform uninitiated boys into comprehensive men of the Most High. Men who are physically conscious, mentally astute, and spiritually strong enough to navigate through the pressures of this world without succumbing to their emotions. We are able to accomplish this mission through our Emotional Stability Training® (EST).
Emotional Stability Training® (EST)
EST exposes the root of unresolved anger, anxieties, and lack of focus while teaching our students how to introspectively confront and conquer their negative thoughts before they become toxic actions. EST’s focus is to wean the soul (i.e. the emotional seat of man) so that our students can maintain self-control. Instead of a belt ranking system, we evaluate each student by the way they live their lives in school, at home and in their communities. We place a strong emphasis on biblical brotherhood, where each student is more concerned about sharpening each other (Pro 27:17), instead of surpassing each other.
- Improved verbal processing skills
- The ability to identify and release traumatic experiences
- Improved academic performance
- School detentions/suspensions reduced and/or eliminated
- Improved relationship and social/emotional behavior with parents, teachers, and peers
- The ability to respond to and resolve conflict
- The skills to defend themselves and the confidence to walk away from a fight (if possible)
- Greater sense of Yah’s (God’s) purpose for their lives and their community responsibility
- Increased physical fitness and endurance